Aug 9, 2006

Microsoft phone support aka my living hell

Ok, I've been on the phone with Microsoft's support line now for over 50 minutes and still do not have a ticket opened yet. Good thing I'm getting paid good money to sit here on hold (and blog). I work for a software company and our software has suddenly stopped working after Microsoft's latest cumulative update for Internet Explorer was applied this morning. Damn Microsoft, again! so much for quality testing. The Microsoft Knowledge Base says the problem is a known issue and provides a link to download the fix, but the fix doesn't fix it. Go figure, another round of applause for Microsoft, please.

Microsoft has caused me to lose my appetite. I just gave my awesome lunch of a chicken fajita wrap to my cube neighbor. As he opened to eat it, the smell wofted over here, now I'm hungry again. DAMN Microsoft, it is all your fault I gave my lunch away. It has now been 55 minutes and 22 seconds and I'm still on hold. I'll keep you posted on my progress later.

I'm just glad I'm not paying for this call. Yippee, screw Microsoft.

No comments: