Nov 24, 2006

Auntie Evil in Munchkinland

I have been slow to post lately, but I must say it is for good reasons over all. If I am not spending 24/7 at my favorite laptop-in-shambles, I am living life "like humans do".

Trent: torrent - a flow of water with great turbulence
Gabriel: God is my strength

My night as keeper of my nephews was not so bad, actually good (minus one poopy diaper), but I called in back-ups. I know what you are thinking, but I didn't wimp out on purpose. Life just happened that way. I think the big guy was looking out for my nerves and making sure I didn't rip them out in front of the little guys before they are old enough to think something of the sorts is cool.

The day started out at a family gathering in the country with lots of female cousins and 2nd cousins around the same age for the boys to torture for hours to know end...and torture they did (at least it wasn't me). Did I mention little girls shriek, A LOT? LOUDLY? Eeeik, my ears! Where's the Advil? The shrieking was all worth it when the boys both slept the whole trip back to St. Louis. Ahhhh, silence.

We arrived in St. Louis around 7pm, close to bedtime, but not close enough. Hmmm, how does Auntie Evil usually entertain herself? Mi Lupita Mexican! So, the Trent and Gabe learned the joys of Mexican too. The boys were great at first, still calm and waking up from their hour plus naps. Each pigged out on bowls of nachos, salsa, and con queso to the surprise of Mama, one of the owners, who thought it would be too spicy for my two nephews. She was impressed with their fearlessness. She even helped me teach them some Spanish which Trent happily showed off to everyone in the restaurant. After a few Spanish lessons, the boys both woofed down tacos. Note: the boys did nothing but eat all day in the country. Then, nachos. Now, tacos. As Trent was finishing up his taco, he asked Mama for honey. The child wanted honey for dessert, so she had the boys in the kitchen fix a special plate of sosapillas and ice cream up for my boys drenched in honey and cinnamon. Ewww, Messy! The boys were no longer sitting still as they ate dessert. Needless to say everything was getting sticky and Auntie Evil was getting anxious. OCD doesn't like sticky, especially sticky everywhere. Alex, one of the waiters, helped clean the boys, who quickly escaped the confines of the table and promptly took charge of the restaurant. To my luck, most of the patrons were leaving, which gave the boys a chance to play while I quickly fixed Mama's laptop (plagued with spyware and running really slow). Well, the boys ran circles screaming at the top of their lungs, round and round the restaurant. The kitchen boys decided to join in a game of hide-n-seek with them kidnapping Gabe and hiding him from Trent. After a good 20 minutes of hysterical screaming and laughing, Trent had enough of the boys keeping his baby brother away from him and stopped dead center and screamed at the top of his lungs, "GIVE ME BACK MY BROTHER!" At that point, I decided 10:30 was a good time to take leave and put my two worn out boys to bed.

Gabe woke up once in the middle of the night not sure where he was and ended up sleeping the night on my chest. Awwwwwwww.

And I and the 2 lil ones survived.

PS. I swear I still smell that poopy diaper

1 comment:

Nabor Dan said...

Long time with no post make reader very unhappy.

Say it in your best Charlie Chan voice...

- ND