Nov 3, 2006

Sleepover at Auntie Evil's?

What was I thinking when I agreed to keep my nephews (ages 2 and 4 years of age) overnight this coming Saturday? I love the boys to death (in short quantities and when they are sleeping), but alone in my house with responsibility for 18 or more hours? Sounds scary to me.

I'm not worried about my house. The house is fairly child-proof. My sanity, however, is not. The good point here is I have only seen the boys lately in large groups of family not one-on-one, at all. Hopefully, the angelic darlings, who think Auntie Evil is there favorite, will be the ones who come home with me on Saturday. If not, please send in support. I don't drink anymore and will need some sort of back-up and my parent are out for the night. :((

I haven't watched the boys together, ever. I watched Trent quite a bit before Gabe was born and never again since. Hmmm. I'm not even sure Gabe likes Auntie Evil except when big brother is trying to butter her up for something good. This should be an interesting night.

What was the dog in Peter Pan? Nana? I'm not sure Chili-dog can live up to Nana status but I may put him up to the test this weekend.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kids + cough medicine = sleep.

Ashley said...

Oooh-- my mother always used Dimetapp. It was always "Take some Dimetapp and go to the bathroom." Little did I know, she spent years drugging us on family trips and nap time. I suppose it didn't hurt. May be worth a try. By the way, I would love to see you at trivia night! I'm always up for meeting new people. Introduce yourself if you stop by!

Anonymous said...

Where are you? Your loyal readers are feeling the pain of your absence.

Anonymous said...

Alright, I can honestly say I'm worried about you. Where are you?! Come out of your shell long enough to grace the world with your presence, please.

EatAnts said...

World, here is my present, I mean presence.

PS. Check out the "Wow, 10 Days" post to see where I've been.