Apr 1, 2007

Scars are souvenirs?

Scars are souvenirs you never lose
The past is never far
Did you lose yourself somewhere out there
Did you get to be a star
And don't it make you sad to know that life
Is more than who we are
If these scars are souvenirs, what are the vomit and the tears? the-vomit-and-the-tears. Sexy, huh? Right now, I think they are the pain the scars will constantly remind me of. I hurt. I cry. I make myself hurt to the point I am sick. Why? because I have already lost myself somewhere out there. The sad thing is I am mainly only lost in my own mind. Most that know me already think of me of a star. Ok, now you are thinking I am being corny, but trust me on the fact that I don't exactly blend in. I am a stand out whether I try or not. I think that is why the verse above always strikes me when I hear it.

Lyrics from 'Name' by the Goo Goo Dolls

2 comments:

Unknown said...

hey there. it was good to finally meet you. i hope you get to feeling better, if it's at all possible. it sounds like you have two tons that you're dealing with... anyhoo, if you ever want to talk about things, i'm about twenty seven steps away.

EatAnts said...

Did you count those 27 steps? because I could've sworn it was 24 =) Glad to have another smiling face on board.

I am human. I carry my weight just like you do. The weights just keep morphing as time goes on. I'm sure you can relate. Good luck and feel free to lean this way too.