Jul 12, 2006

Overstepping boundaries?

Overstepping boundaries?...Sometimes that is the best thing I can hear and exactly what I need.

...Well here she is again on the phone
Just like me hates to be alone
We just like to sit at home...
When Gwen called last night and said, "I hope I'm not overstepping my boundaries, but I heard something about you being diagnosed with PTSD." She wanted to know. She wanted to hear me tell her about the little details. She wanted to know what I was experiencing, what caused it all, and how I was hanging in there now. She, also, related her own depression associated with her divorce and her own vices that brought her down. We both had the spiral downhill and the moment when we realize we no longer have control of ourselves.
...Well she wants to live her life
Then she thinks about her life
Pulls her hair back as she screams
I dont really wanna live this life...

My ex-sister-in-law, Gwen, is quite a character and energetic spirit. She is a mortician/funeral director. Her unique job doesn't even come close to measuring up to her unique personality.
...She only drinks coffee at midnight
when the moment is not Right
her timing is quite-unusual
You see her confidence is tragic
but her intuition magic...

I think when she first started dating my brother I despised how he immediately moved in with her, etc., etc. Then, as much as I didn't want to admit it at the time, I realized she was a lot like me, or a lot like how I wanted to be again...pre-accident, which was pre-Gwen. I think after my nephew, Trent, was born (Feb 2002) the two of us started really connecting. Gwen and I are free spirits when we are in-self (great psych terminology), full of confidence. There is a difference though: I am cautious with limits versus Gwen goes for it, no matter what it is. She doesn't worry about the rest of the world and what they may be thinking. She lives for her (and now her children too). I would like to think I live for me, but I get self-conscious, worry about what others think and often put them before myself, even when I have needs not being met. Nothing is a competition with her, that is a lesson I still need to learn...I don't need to win, but I, also, don't need to be first. Second isn't easy, it feels like failure, but it is also a lot less pressure, something I really appreciate. It is a zone I'm not totally comfortable with. Yet, it is a zone that I'm going to try and explore more.
...Well she wants to be the queen
Then she thinks about her scene
Pulls her hair back as she screams
I dont really wanna be the queen...

~Meet Virginia, Train~

No comments: