Jul 28, 2006

My life is like a rollercoaster

...up, down, and all around, twisting and turning and churning my stomach. Sometime the road is smooth, some time it is rough and bumpy. Right now, I have to say it is definitely bumpy, driving on cobblestone bumpy. Yesterday started out great and went down hill quickly.

Actually, it didn't start out so great. I woke up to one of my closest friends calling at 4:23am. As soon as I heard his voice I started worrying. Something was definitely wrong, but being 5 hrs away, I couldn't help, or fix things for him this time. It was, also, the type of situation in which talking it out was not going to solve anything. It is a sickening when you know someone needs a shoulder and yours either can't support or just isn't big enough to reach out to them.

Later in the morning, things were going really well. I had lots of energy. I was also excited it was Thursday and I would be seeing my friends later in the evening. Even at the doc's I was excited and he was too. I definitely fed off the energy there. Going to the doc's is also a great break in the day and a relief in my life knowing that I can talk things through with someone who understands my world. After my early lunch break there, I went back to the doom and gloom of work where I had earlier informed them that I needed to take a late lunch on Monday for another appointment. Evidently, the rules have changed and I now need to fill out a time-off request form to delay my lunch hour from starting 12:30 to 1:45 pm. Being annoyed that they were going to penalize me for a late lunch, I emailed the boss back and questioned why were we now being required to fill out Time off Requests for a simple delay in lunch, when 8 hrs were still being worked. Grrrr, let's just this just say this ended with the bossman telling me I'm being ridiculous for thinking this is all a little overboard. All I can say here is that he hasn't seen me being ridiculous, yet. Damn bossman.

Although the bossman rattled my cage a bit, I couldn't let him entirely ruin my day. I stopped at Mi Lupita on my way home and ended the night with a chimmi-cheesecake with hot apples and ice cream. Mmmmm, even the dog and my thighs loved it. God bless the Mexicans and their yummy Mexi-American desserts.

1 comment:

Jaelithe said...

Hey, thanks for stopping by my blog today.

I think your writing about PTSD and depression is very brave, and I hope your openness will help others. I myself find mental troubles very difficult to write about.