Jun 20, 2006

Will the lights go out tonight

Some nights I lay here and just pray for sleep. I feel like I'll go crazy if sleep doesn't fall upon me soon. I didn't sleep well last night, so I thought tonight I would find it fast...yet, it still escapes me.

Maybe all the excitement today is keeping me awake. I had the newspaper here taking pictures of my Great Room for an article on the dream homes of generation X. I got my car back and fully repaired. It drove like it was brand new again (maybe I won't trade it in right away). I forgot how great and smooth it was before age caught up with it, but unlike me, it was given new youth again. I wish I could get a few new parts to make me like I was back in the day, but no such luck.

Then, maybe not excitement, but the worries work has cursed me with lately is cheating me of sleep. I feel so out of sorts there lately. The boss makes me feel uneasy, as does the newly hired VP. I, also, should've picked up some things from Best Buy tonight that I forgot about that they need for a trip first thing in the morning...rush rush rush.

And maybe just some cold air would freeze me to sleep. God bless my Ex and I pray he fixes this AC problem tomorrow.

Sweet dreams to those who can find them.

No comments: