Jun 20, 2006

I'm going on a safari...

I think the country song says it best,

"...I ain't as good as I once was
Thats just the cold hard truth
I still throw a few back, talk a little smack
When I'm feelin bullet proof..."
Hmmm, I wish could be as sharp and smart as I once was. I really think the "hippo" in my brain has turned to mush. It is really frustrating sometimes when I can't remember the simplest things, like what I had for dinner last night or the name of a person I've known 3 years. The doctor informs me regularly that I need to be patient and it will heal in time. He laughs sometimes when he reminds me. I think he knows patience is not one of the virtues I possess when matters of time are involved, at least not yet. Zen meditation will help, I'm told...we'll see.

Who thought memory would escape us at such a young age, but, at least, there is hope that mine will soon return. I just need to help myself get past the stress and barriers that have taken over my life. I remember just over 2 years ago a friend's son hung himself. Luckily his dad, my dear friend, resuscitated him. They thought he may have brain damage, especially with his short term memory. I was amazed how quickly it all came back to him and now he has returned to the normal life of every other teenage boy. I'm waiting for that day that I can just be a 30 yr old girl. No worries and memory intact. Until then I'll keep working some of the mush off of my Hippo.

...and I'm going to bring
an Apple, a Bottle of Vodka, Chocolate Chip Cookies, a Dildo, Eddy Munster, Footlong hot dog, Golfballs, Hoola Hoop, Ice Cubes, Jumper cables, Kilo of hash, Lip balm, Marshmellows, Nancy Reagan, Orgasms, Puppy, Quart of Oil, Reindeer, Suntan lotion, tepee, Underwear, Vodka, Walrus, Xylophone, You, Zebra
...And Geoff-Geoff (my bleu cheese stuffed olive eating, vodka drinking, Cubs loving, extremely entertaining, Italian friend), you can go.

No comments: