Jun 28, 2006

Pink Elephants

I didn't know what to title today's post, nor do I really have anything to write about. I'm in one of those moods, not bad by any means, but nothing that says I'm so happy either. The world is going around and I am here, end of story.

The exciting part of the story is that I bought a new mug this week with pink elephants on it. Why pink elephants? Why not! No one else has a mug with pink elephants. Pink elephants may be perceived as silly and childish, but they make me smile, especially since these are blowing pink bubbles. Now who wouldn't want a blue mug with pink elephants blowing bubbles? I guess a lot of people since I found my mug on clearance along with a large family of pink elephant mugs. See, I told you my life is exciting, or not.

One of my best friends is going on a blind date tonight with someone she met through eHarmony. She is very nervous and unsure about the internet dating world. She has met some guys with extraordinairy lives, or so they say. When I was trying to pump her up for her date I thought about how people perceive themselves is not necessarily how the rest of the world views them; that is what makes internet dating tricky. You are relying on the person on the other end to tell you about themselves, when really you probably need to be interviewing one of their friends to get to know the person. In my case, I'm not sure if my friends would be able to do that or not. I try to put up my shell even to my closest friends, but there are a few who know how to slowly widdle me down to get to the truth, to "the real me". Did I mention I met my Mr. Wonderful on eHarmony? Maybe that is why I'm not scared of the thought anymore and giving my friend the swift kick in the butt to give this a try and have fun with it. We only live once. And we can never make too many friends, or miss the chance to meet the "One". Good luck tonight "M". First one down, and plenty more to go.

I went to dinner with my friend, Trey, last night. He look at me and said it seems like this job is "sucking the life out of me". I think he is right. It is either sucking or status quo, never enhancing my life like my work once did. What to do now?

I think its time for a plate of Mexican and a margarita.

Toodles, Noodles!

PS. Did I mention my pink elephant mug is the ugliest thing I've ever seen?

No comments: